Champion Homes Builders Notice at Collection and Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants and Employees
Effective Date: June 30, 2023
Champion Home Builders, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Champion,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) provide this CA Applicant and Employee Notice in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, (collectively, the “CCPA”). This CA Applicant and Employee Notice describes the Personal Information collected about California applicants and employees in the preceding 12 months, as well as the Personal Information that will be collected. Terms that are capitalized are defined in the CCPA.
Categories and Examples of Personal Information Collected. We may collect the following Personal Information, depending on your relationship with Champion and the circumstances:
- Identifier: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): In addition to the examples above, signature, telephone number, physical characteristics or description, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, medical information, health insurance information, or other similar information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: Age, race, religion or creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Browsing history, search history, information on an employee’s interaction with websites and applications.
- Geolocation data: Physical location.
- Sensory data: Audio and images from security cameras.
- Professional or employment-related information: Resume information, current or past job history or performance evaluations, driving records, results of background checks, results of drug tests.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information: Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, behavior, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Sensitive Personal Information: Social Security number, driver’s license information, driver’s license number, state ID number, passport number, racial or ethnic origin, precise geolocation data for certain Champion-owned vehicles. We collect this Sensitive Personal Information for the business purposes listed below. We do not Sell or Share this Sensitive Personal Information, as those terms are defined by the CCPA, and we do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those permitted under the CCPA.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
Champion obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, we collect Personal Information from forms you complete or information you provide us as part of your job application or employment.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or mobile applications, among other things.
- From third parties. For example, from recruitment agencies or from staffing agencies with whom we contract for services, or with third parties in connection with background checks.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We may collect the Personal Information to:
- Fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you share your Personal Information to apply for a job or to become an employee, we will use that Personal Information in connection with your application and/or employment.
- To inform you about your application and employment status.
- Contact you and inform you about benefits or information relating to your employment or potential employment.
- Provide, support, personalize, and develop our website and services relating to your employment or potential employment.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your information or accounts with us.
- Identify and authenticate your access to parts of our network that you are authorized to access as an employee.
- Process your requests or transactions and prevent transactional fraud.
- Provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our systems, Website, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or subsequently agreed to by you.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Champion’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Champion about our Consumers is among the assets transferred.
- Comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, and for purposes of diversity analytics.
Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes
Categories of Entities to Whom Champion Discloses Personal Information for a Business Purpose. Champion may disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose, including to our service providers and vendors, affiliates, and third parties with whom you direct us to share your Personal Information.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose. Champion has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose (for examples, see Categories and Examples of Personal Information Collected, above):
- Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Sensory data
- Professional or employment-related information
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information
- Sensitive Personal Information
Purposes for which Personal Information Is Disclosed. We may disclose Personal Information for the same purposes list above for collection.
“Selling” and “Sharing” Personal Information
Otherwise, we do not Sell or Share the Personal Information you provide to us when you apply for a job or in your capacity as an employee. We do not have actual knowledge of Selling or Sharing Personal Information of minors under 16.
Unless otherwise required by law, it is our policy to not retain Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, for longer than is reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. The criteria we use to determine specific retention periods include: the type of data; whether you have provided your consent and have not withdrawn it; whether there are other legal grounds for the continued processing; whether you have objected to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; and whether retention or deletion is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Your CCPA Consumer Rights
The CCPA provides Consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- The right to know what Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer;
- The right to delete Personal Information that the business has collected from the consumer, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that a business maintains about a consumer;
- The right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of Personal Information by the business—for more information, please visit our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page;
- If the business uses or discloses sensitive Personal Information for certain reasons, the right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive Personal Information by the business; however, Champion does not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information in a way that would trigger this right, and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, including an employee’s, applicant’s, or independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their CCPA rights.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
To exercise your right to opt-out, please see our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page.
To exercise the access, data portability, correction, and deletion rights described above please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-855-462-6852
- at [email protected]
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
CCPA Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Changes to this Notice
Champion reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
California Contact Information
Email: [email protected]
ATTN: California Privacy Team
Champion Home Builders, Inc.
755 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 1000
Troy, Michigan 48084